Internal Medicine Jobs in New York
Saturday · December 3, 2022
1 Job in The Empire State
Photo: Broadway Theaters on Times Square in NYC.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Stony Brook) is for an academic medical center.
- Rotation schedule 7 days on/off, 12 hours shifts while on clinical duties.
- MD or equivalent.
- We do it by starting with the best ideas and hiring the best people to turn those ideas into the finest medical care on Long Island.
- Non-Tenure Track position.
- 5 CME days annually with $1,ipend.
- 15 vacation days, 13 state holidays and 12 sick days annually.
- Application Instructions.
- Flsa Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the Flsa.
- Stony Brook Children's, with more than s in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
- Family Medicine Residency with concentration on Hospitalist Medicine.
- In the Medical and Research Translation (Mart) building, two floors are occupied by Stony Brook University Cancer Center's outpatient services, and four floors are devoted to cancer research.
- Location: Stony Brook, New York.
- Hospitalist earns an additional $2,400 for every week of night service ($62,400 annually for a full time nocturnist).
- For technical support.interfolio.
- Practice contributes 12% of the salary towards 401K.
- Dedicated admitters in ED.
- At our 624-bed hospital, we deliver patient and family-centered care.
- In response to the New York State Department of Health (DOH) regulation requiring Hospital and Nursing Home personnel to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, candidates selected for patient care positions or positions that may come in contact with patients or patient care employees, if not already vaccinated, must be fully vaccinated or obtain the first dose of the vaccine within three (3) calendar days of acceptance of conditional job offer and must obtain any subsequent doses in accordance with the DOH vaccine protocol.
- As Long Island's only academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine is about making a real difference in our patients' lives.
- The Best Ideas in Medicine Start with the Best People.
- Openings available for both day time and night time (nocturnist) hospitalists.
- Opportunities exist for career enhancement on the Stony Brook campus for completion of an MPH, MBA, research course, etc.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential core values at Stony Brook Medicine.
- Nov 30, ern Time.
- The Hospitalist will provide clinical coverage primarily for acute medical patients on both the regular and step down units.
- A broad range of specialty consultants are available 24/7 as needed so the Hospitalist is fully supported in clinical decision-making.
- Chief resident or similar leadership experience.
- Each hospitalist is supported by either residents or a NP/PA.
- Specialized training or fellowship in geriatrics or hospitalist medicine.
- Closed ICU.
- Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine, represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care.
- All application materials must be submitted online.
- Opportunities beyond clinical care at our tertiary medical center include involvement with the development and implantation of patient safety efforts, participation in clinical education, and participation in the development of clinical research.
- In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request. It can also be viewed online at the University Police.
- 2022 Inc.
- Board eligible/certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Medicine.
- Com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at or.
- All rights reserved.
- The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
- PGY3s within 6 months of graduation or new graduates welcome.
- Rapid response attendance for your own patients only.
- Stony Brook Medicine is expanding our academic Hospitalist Service as our inpatient volume rapidly expands.
- Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information,veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- We believe we do our best and most impactful work when we leverage our diverse, equitable and inclusive perspectives.
- License renewal and DEA expenses covered separately.
- One year current full-time hospitalist experience.
- Hospitalist, Clinical Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist Medicine (106330).
- We are proud to recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
- THE Following Paragraph Only Applies TO Positions That MAY Come IN Contact With Patients OR Patient Care Employees.
- Positions will include night time shifts.
- Oct 31, 2022.
- If board certified in Family Medicine, one of the following criteria is required.
- Reasonable patient load.
- With ony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center.
- Experience with quality or research initiatives.
- Salary is competitive and includes an opportunity to earn a substantial incentive.
- Candidates who are partially vaccinated, but not yet fully vaccinated, must complete their vaccination series within three (3) calendar days of job offer or in accordance with vaccine manufacture protocol, whichever comes later.
- Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
- Completion of a Chief Residency or GME approved fellowship program.
- Special Notes.
- It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools -- Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare -- as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County.
- Two years of current, full-time hospitalist medicine experience.
- For questions regarding this position.
- Comprehensive state and practice retirement benefits.
- Become a member of our team.
- The regulation also allows for limited exemptions with reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable law.
This perm job from Jobelephant.com was last open on Dec 1.